BridgeHands

Google BridgeHands

 HOME  Encyclopedia  Newsletter  Laws  Products  Services  Reviews  Tournaments  Blog  Training  Practice   HELP
 You are at:

 

Repeated Finesse - When holding tenaces or double split honor sequences, a player can often increase the likelihood of winning a finesse through successive attempts.

  A J 10 9


 
? ? ?


 

? ? ?


  4 3 2


 

South leads a S4, anticipating West may have either the missing SK or SQ onside, a 50 percent possibility.  When West holds either of these cards, South can win 3 tricks using the repeated finesse strategy.  If West holds both the SK and SQ with this Dummy holding (a 25 percent chance), the declarer can actually win all 4 tricks.  Of course, South also has a 25 percent chance the repeated finesse will fail both times should East have both honors.  Another similar finesse opportunity exists when one hand holds tenaces, as: A Q 10 [x...],   K Q x [...], etc.

Also see Finesse, Suit Combinations and Finesse Bridge Books
 

HOME  Encyclopedia  Newsletter  Laws  Products  Services  Reviews  Tournaments  Blog  Training Practice Links HELP
Contacts: Sales  Support  Reviews  Q&A    Disclaimer    Privacy    2005 BridgeHands   Updated 01/22/11